Extra virgin oil is used for cooking, but also for its taste, the extraordinary taste of olives. Good results are also obtained with cakes and cookies (typically Italian recipes). This classic spaghetti recipe can be made with whatever ingredients you have on hand. Serve it as a main course as a salad or as a side dish.
|serving||preparation time||cooking time|
|6 to 8the part||15minutes||20minutes|
|6 to 8the part||15minutes|
Serving: the part
- To prepare the best spaghetti in oil and garlic recipe, heat 25 ml of olive oil in a large deep frying pan. Add breadcrumbs and stir constantly until lightly browned. Set aside in a bowl and wipe the bottom of the pan with a paper towel.
- Pour the remaining oil into the pan along with the garlic and chili flakes. Cook on low heat until the garlic releases its aroma and becomes soft without browning.
- Add half the parsley and remove the pan from the heat. If you are browning the garlic, add 50 ml (¼ cup) water to the mixture.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until tender (about 10 to 12 minutes).
- While the pasta is cooking, add 125ml (½ cup) cooking water to the garlic mixture and boil for 2 minutes. Drain the pasta and add to the garlic sauce in the skillet. Stir gently until all liquid is absorbed.
- Add breadcrumbs and remaining parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.