Those lunches during work breaks are draining your bank account at the end of every month, right? They look pretty cheap, tasty and most importantly – they’re already made for you! However, if you do the math, you’ll find that you’re spending a lot more eating out than cooking at home. Yes, after a long, hard day at work, the last thing you want to do is cook for hours and clean up afterward. Still, since we’re all lunch box pros at the DeaVita office, we’re going to offer you breakfast and lunch that’s easy to take with you! They’re super quick and easy to make and they’ll keep you full and happy all day! Here are 6 recipes to take to the office!
Homemade Meal Ideas: Easy Recipes for the Week
Many of us fear cooking at home. The whole process seems tedious, especially what follows – washing. How terrible! But what if we told you that you’d make minimal mess, spend less time cooking and more time enjoying your takeaway? Sound good to you? It’s not just the high cost of lunch that’s probably making you look for homemade recipes… but also the very hot weather! Who wants to leave the office and hang out in the hot sun? Of course we don’t… So, let’s see together what a delicious meal you can take to work. If you work remotely, you can read our article on telecommuting dishes in less than 30 minutes!
Quick and healthy breakfast ideas
Some say breakfast is the most important meal of the day! But is it true? Who cares when you have these delicious and healthy breakfast ideas you can whip up in no time! We’re not talking about cereal-style pancakes or some other crazy food. We have two incredibly delicious offerings: one is chia pudding and the other is… oats. Now hang in there! We know what you’re thinking! Oats? Yak! Yes, said like a true poet. In fact, if prepared correctly, oats can actually be super tasty and filling! But enough chatter, let’s get straight to the recipe! Here are three breakfast suggestions that work!
Chia Pudding Recipe
This is the best and easiest breakfast for the day before work. All you need are chia seeds, milk of your choice, maple syrup or honey (depending on your preference), fruit of your choice, and cinnamon. Just use 3-4 tablespoons of chia seeds and place in a small to medium sized jar. Next, pour in the maple syrup and cinnamon and stir until smooth. Add milk and stir again. Finally, add the fruit and refrigerate overnight. You’ll be full until noon, and it’s so delicious and healthy!
- 180 grams of oats
- 2 eggs
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 40 grams of maple syrup or honey
- 100 g milk of your choice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 4 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- First, place the rolled oats in a food processor and blend until a dough consistency.
- Add the eggs, maple syrup or honey, milk, vanilla and mashed banana to the oats and stir until combined. Let the dough sit for 15-20 minutes to soften the oats.
- Then, divide the batter into muffin tins. You can sprinkle them with chocolate chips, coconut or more oats.
- Finally, bake in the oven at 175 C for about 20-25 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check if the muffins are cooked.
Take-to-work meal recipes
Grab your lunchbox and listen up! Here are three ideas for healthy meals that work! However, if you are interested in the curry sauce recipe pictured above, check out our article on how to make it! Meal prep is so rewarding!
Gigi Hadid’s pasta
Here’s our favorite fashionista Gigi Hadid’s favorite recipe! It’s spicy, it’s delicious and it’s super easy to make!
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 30 grams chopped green onion
- 30 grams of tomato puree
- 65 grams of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of vodka
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Test for salt and pepper
- A drop of olive oil
- 225 g shell pasta
- 30 grams of Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Basil leaves (chopped)
- First, heat the olive oil, garlic and onion in a large saucepan. Cook them until soft. Add tomato puree and cook till it thickens.
- Add heavy cream. Then, pour in the vodka and cook until it evaporates.
- Then add red chili flakes.
- Keep stirring until everything is combined. Season with salt and pepper. Remove sauce from heat.
- Cook the pasta separately. Once cooked, reserve 30g of pasta water before draining.
- Add the butter. Stir over medium heat until butter melts.
- Add the pasta – and the pasta water – to the sauce. Add Parmesan, salt and pepper to taste and stir.
- Finally, garnish with a little parmesan and basil.
Japanese egg sandwich
Oh, the sandwich! The ultimate take out meal! But here it is with a delicious twist!
- 4 slices shokupan (Japanese-style Pullman bread)
- 3 large eggs
- Salted butter
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ c. Again ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Japanese mayonnaise
- Milk 2 tsp
- Boil eggs in boiling water. Then plunge into cold water to stop cooking. Peel and mash well in a cup. Try breaking the egg whites into small, even-sized pieces.
- Then mix salt, pepper, sugar, milk, mayonnaise and mix very well.
- Next, prepare two slices of bread. Spread butter on both slices of bread and spread egg salad evenly over one slice of bread.
- Place the other slice of bread on top, buttered side down, and place the sandwich between two plates to flatten it slightly. Set aside for 7-8 minutes.
- Finally, cut the crust of the bread and voila! You can refrigerate it overnight and use it to enjoy on your break!
Green Goddess Salad Recipe
Here’s a short TikTok showing how to make this absolutely divine slimming salad! These take-out meals are nutritious, healthy and delicious! It will be a good addition to your slimming diet!
@Kroger Viral Green Goddess Salad. 😱🥗 #kroger #greengoddess #greengoddessalad #saladrecipes #easyrecipes #viral @shanilcooks ♬ Original words – Kroger