Healthy and balanced fall recipes come in several gourmet and comforting varieties. Today, our editors reveal 3 complete fall meals with mushrooms—the season’s star dish that deserves our special attention. So, are you going to prepare any proposal for us?
Read Whole Foods with Mushrooms: A Detox and Nutrition Bowl
Once the Halloween pumpkin leftovers are cooked, we move on to another star dish of the season – mushrooms! And if you are a fan of recipes with mushrooms and spinach, you will definitely appreciate our detox bowl nutrition proposal. Check out the ingredients list below!
Ingredients for Almond Pesto:
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Ingredients for the bowl:
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups chopped cremini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 cups of spinach
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and cook for about 7-10 minutes. Then put the rice in a food processor and blend to make rice. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the cauliflower rice. Add salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until the rice is lightly browned. Meanwhile, take another skillet and heat a spoon. Tablespoon of olive oil. Then add chopped mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
While the vegetables are cooking, transfer the toasted nuts to a small food processor and pulse until crumbly. Then add cilantro, mint, jalapeño, lime juice, salt and pepper. While the robot is mixing, pour in two tablespoons of water and the olive oil. If necessary, stop scraping the sides. Continue mixing until the pesto is smooth and creamy.
Add the spinach to the pan with the cauliflower (on top, don’t stir) and cover. Let stand for 2-3 minutes. Then divide the spinach among 4 bowls and add the cauliflower rice, mushroom and almond pesto. Finally, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve!
Goddess Autumn Recipe: Pasta with Mushrooms
Our complete fall mushroom dishes continue with a gourmet pasta recipe to please the whole family.
- 280 gm mushrooms, stems removed
- 220g uncooked pasta
- 450g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup double cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts. Next, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add a teaspoon of oil. Add the chicken and cook for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the shallots, garlic and mushrooms. Saute until tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and stir well. Allow to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth and double cream and continue cooking until the sauce is slightly reduced, about 4-5 minutes.
- Place the pasta in the pan and stir well. Continue cooking for a few minutes and remove from heat. Divide among bowls, sprinkle with parsley, chili flakes and Parmesan cheese.
Read Whole Foods with Mushrooms: Instant Pot Risotto
Materials to get:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 220 grams of chopped mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 2-3 large sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup thawed (or canned) peas
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
Method of preparation:
Activate the “Sauté” function of your electric pressure cooker. Add onion, mushroom, garlic and oil and fry for 1-2 minutes. Then add broth, rice, rosemary, salt and pepper. Close, lock and set to “Ceiling”. Cook for 6 minutes on high pressure. Let the pressure drop normally for 8 minutes. Turn the valve to “venting” to quickly release residual pressure. Once the float valve falls, remove the cover. Stir in the peas and Parmesan and serve!